1 NEW MESSAGE RECEIVED

Re-living the good old days when sms’s were still in fashion and not everybody owned a smart phone which was a luxury to have then, at least for me.

Go ahead and read on…

text_message(travelling by a crowded bus, standing….my cell beeps ‘you have a new text message’) …..
unlock…open…read…..
hey dear, my new no-miss u tc
from 9657012527
05/13/2009 4.01pm
(apparently i did not have this no stored, no name flashed along with the number)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
kul,which dear would you be? have a name attchd?
To 9657012527
05/13/2009 4.07pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
you don’t knw me? 🙁 i am the dearest of all
from 9657012527
05/13/2009 4.09pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
sure my princess, i stl gotta save ur no-i need a name
To 9657012527
05/13/2009 4.13pm
(i was sure this was a friend of mine, she obviously she had my no and only was playing a
bit…with her new no….. cool!)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
u can gv me any name you wish
from 9657012527
05/13/2009 4.15pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(and Ms. No Name was born, I saved her no by that name)
ok sweety, i have a name for you then…. Ms.No Name :), whr are u frm?
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.17pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
what is the hurry sweety? btw why are walking so fast?
05/13/2009 4.18pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(i look around, I turn back…no-one) ???
huh!? where ru? u can see me?
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.21pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
why r u looking around hr n thr? look within u….
05/13/2009 4.22pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
you are inside me? lol (obviously im not searching for her within!!-gimme a break!!)
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.23pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
im in your heart sweetheart 🙂 u still don’t know me? 🙂
05/13/2009 4.24pm
(okaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy ….. ! hmmmm, I wonder who….as i started recollecting names … sandra…na! alice…na! maria…..can’t be! brenda …. na! michelle…..?? hmmmmm……
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
why so long to reply swthrt? u need so much time to think?
05/13/2009 4.26pm
michelle??
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.26pm
who is michelle?
05/13/2009 4.27pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
oops! friend friend … not more than that! (why wud i ever make the blunder of giving her aname? when i already had one… with me on sms ryt now?)
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.29pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
no1 can take my savio away from me….sweetu tell no .. u don’t rmbr me?
05/13/2009 4.30pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(damn!! why was i not remembering her name … of all the times, my memory fails me … I really i wish i had something like a ‘Google Search’ in my mind ryt now) The harder I
thought, the more blank i went ….. damn!damn!damn!!

sweetie, why don’t we start afresh again? i would luv to know u all over again
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.31pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
na..and what bout al the yrs gone by? and the time i saw ur wee wee….. u were only 2 then…my chweet little innocent savio
05/13/2009 4.32pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
you saw my what??? how??? why?? (I was so embarrased-I did not where to look!!!) I also had a smile on my face @ the same time….. tis is like 24-25 years back!!
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.32pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
awwww,cho chweet boy 🙂 don’t worry, I won’t tell anybody……
05/13/2009 4.33pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
u better not!! pls pls tell me who are you? what do u want from me?
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.34pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
you my darling 🙂 u don’t remember nething …. dumbo!!
05/13/2009 4.35pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
dumbo!!?? (a very few people use that word… i might be able to narrow down my list)
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.36pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
reached home my sav? (I was climbing my steps to go up …. ‘shez here toooo? was she one of my neighbors? damn! how do i ever find out?)
05/13/2009 4.37pm

I reached home panting and puffing ….. 60 steps to climb…. My dad opened the door and caught me smiling…. “someone has had a good day today”
Me: nothing special dad, just one of those days you just meet an interesting person or
two. (My job including many interesting people on an everyday basis)
as my phone continued to cry out…… ‘You have a text message’ continuously for 3 or 4
times!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
sav where are you?? must be tired na, want some biscuits with coffee??
05/13/2009 4.40pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
sure sweetheart, but they wud taste so much better if u gave it to me wit ur own hands,
neways gotta go for a shower , catch ya laterz……
To Ms.No Name
05/13/2009 4.42pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
just think of me when eating the biscuits…and i’ll be there right in front of you 🙂 btw
need any help for bath?
05/13/2009 4.43pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
no thank you 😉 i am good… chat with u later ..byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee …..

(Was i starting to like this…the sudden attention that i was getting? seemed so …. but
there’s more to life then just sitting around with your mobile texting) I ran a few
errands … and was back for dinner later that evening …… )
When i came back home, mum said “Savio you had a call 10 minutes back or so! some sweetu called for u…I said u were out, she said she’ll call you on your cell)

Me: sweetu!!? Who sweetu?? I don’t know who sweetu is!!? ………..suddenly it struck my mind
…. Ms. No Name??? she had my landline no too? …. Oh well!! It was not all that difficult to find out a number from the telephone directory if you knew my dads name and address ……
she even knew I was having coffee sitting in my living room, was a telephone no that
difficult to find out?

…… it was around 8 in the evening, was having dinner in the living room … The landline
phone rings…… my sis goes to pick the call ….

Sis: Hello!
Other side: Hello! May I speak to Sav?
Sis: May I know whose speaking?
Other side: Sweetu
Sis: Sorry who?
Other side: Sweetu
Sis: please hold the line, I’ll call him 🙂

Saviooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, call for you! Sweetu on the line (as she comes and tells mom and dad about sweetu on the phone)…sisters i tell you…moment its a girl on call for their brothers, they get all excited!!
I am running to the room to answer the phone …. just as i pick the call …. the line goes
…. beep!beep!beep!beep! she cut the line …… (my one chance to know who she could be!)

the next moment …. ‘You have a text message’ ………..