“I met my wife at the beach back in the Summer of 69′..he said feeling nostalgic. It was love at first sight ..and I knew at that very moment, that she was the woman I was going to marry. 2 years later, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. Your grandmother said it was the most romantic moment she had ever experienced in her life…”
All eyes turned to Marietta..she was blushing “Your grandfather was very romantic” ..still very much is
“That must be where I get it from”
..little Max said.
Very surprised, everyone now looked in Max’s direction
“..and how is that” his father asked, rather amused
Today when I shared my Rotomac pen with Michelle, she said to me “You’re so rotomatic” 😉
Yes, I was a rotomatic myself, during my school days. I always carried 2 rotomac pens and 1 reynolds pen in my compass box. One rotomac pen to write and the other to play ‘pen fight’ 😄😄😄😄
Its funny how a simple picture (saw it on one of Aishwarya’s blogposts) of a Reynold’s pen can bring back sweet memories. I’m talking of the ‘pen-fight’ game, we as students have all played it. It was more common with the guys but I’m sure the girls might have tried playing it too..you know just to know what’s so great about it 🙂
Pen-fight was a big deal in school. You’ll have students around the table cheering for you like it was some kind of school Olympics game going on. Of course, we only had a limited brand of pens we could use, we normally used the Reynolds and Rotomac and later the cello. It brings a smile to my face even as I remember the names of these pens 🙂
I had a friend of mine who use to insert a little paper inside the rotomac pen, which said ‘pen-fight champ’, of course that didn’t always help him win, I was the better player 🙂 Before school, after school. interval time and free periods…whenever we got the time.
It isn’t rocket science to figure out what ‘pen-fight’ is all about. The picture should give you a fair indication.
Rules of Pen Fight
The rules are simple
- When your opponent’s pen falls off the table and your pen stays on the table, you win.
- If both pens fall off the table, the match is a draw, or if you are playing for points, neither gets a point in the game.
- Two or more players can play the game
- You can play in pairs. Two Vs two or three Vs three if you like. In this case, if both pen stay on the table at the end of a pair, they acquire two points, if one stays on the table, then they get one point.
- You can’t take the pen off the table during the game; you have to move it by hitting it with your fingers.